Thursday, November 13, 2008

Be Careful What You Wish For...

Well, the inevitable finally occurred -- my agency called me on Veteran's Day, telling me that my services "would no longer be required" at the Thieves' Den... they didn't go into detail, 'but I guess my best wasn't good enough', to quote an old 80's ballad. So I can pretty much write off any thoughts of a career answering the phone calls of dumbfucks and deadbeats, AKA 'Our Customers'.

I'm so devastated...

... or at least I MIGHT be, had I not detested the position in the first place. And had I not just been hired onto a feature film that starts shooting at the beginning of December. It's lo-budget, and not going to be a cakewalk, esp. shooting in Kansas Wintertime...

"... but I like it," to quote an even older song.

Of course, come the New Year, the inevitable question of survival will again rear its head... but that's always been the case, even through the last recession of the early 90's... and that was when I was working at a 'regular' job and the big concern then was if the company was going to survive by restructuring, or would it be bought out?

Neither of those things happened - the company's future was determined by a crazy guy with a grudge and cheap Uzi's... and by that time, I was well into this career path, lucky for me.

So, we'll see what comes and attempt to ride it out, as usual.

Another thing to make my day: From the Creators of THE AMERICAN ASTRONAUT comes STINGRAY SAM.

No comments: