Wednesday, March 29, 2023

The KICK ME Saga - Part Eight

 Day 12:

"Down With The Indie Thing" has two distinct meanings... this phrase became a mantra.

At this point, my mood was that of the crewman watching the iceberg get larger & larger as Titanic approaches its destiny... any possible window of finishing on schedule had slammed shut long ago and nothing I could to help improve it, and most of what we're shooting seems to be an incomprehensible mess, to me. 

Been There, Done That. And by this point in my life, I'm vocal about it.

This is when I was told to 'train' one of the p.a.'s as to the particulars of my job. After I had told the producer earlier about looking for a replacement, I was told to take the next break to 'think about it' and it was insinuated that one of the co-producers had left; my 'attitude' and loud bitching being a main factor. Which smelled like the bullshit it was at the time; there were lots of other things that would make a sane person bolt and not look back, lest one end up similar to Lot's Wife. So this is getting near 'The End', at least for me - unbeknownst at the time.
















No comments: